Whether you just bought a new subscription for Office 365 setup or need to pay for its recurring subscription, if you want to discontinue the services and get a refund within 30 days, then this article will explain you the ways by which you can get your refund.
If it’s been more than 30 days since you have purchased a subscription for Office 365 setup, then you’ll not be able to get a refund, however, you can turn off recurring billing in order to avoid charges after the subscription expires.
Here is the step-by-step procedure, which you need to follow for canceling your office 365 setup subscription:-
- Visit Microsoft’s official website office.com/setup.
- Click on the services and subscription page and then click on ‘Sign in’ option.
- Search for the subscription you want to cancel and then click on the ‘Payment and Billing’ option.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Cancel’ option and then select the option to Confirm Cancellation.
- In case you are unable to find your subscription, check whether you have entered correct credentials associated with your Microsoft account.
- Remember to check your email address for the confirmation mail.
- In case, you are unable to find the ‘Cancel’ option in your subscription, then make sure you have cleared all the pending dues for subscriptions. If you have pending dues, then you need to pay the balance amount in order to clear the pending dues.
- In the final step, you just need to verify if your subscription prepaid or not. If it is prepaid, then you cannot cancel the subscription and ask for the refund.
Always remember, if you have done payment with the prepaid card, then you cannot turn off the recurring bill from prepaid subscriptions with any possible way.
If it has been more than 30 days, since you bought the Office 365 setup subscription, then you cannot cancel the purchased subscription. However, you can always switch off the notifications for the recurring bills, in order to prevent the charges applied for the next subscription.
Once you have canceled the subscription, you will be unable to edit or create new documents and also you will not be able to access the services, which are included in it, such as Skype and One Drive. If you have any queries related to Office 365 setup, you can visit Microsoft’s official website office.com/setup.